Rug weaving is an art that has evolved over many centuries. Your Oriental rug not only decorates and accents your home in a beautiful way, it also has an illustrious history that dates back over 1,500 years.
It is generally difficult to find archaeological evidence of ancient Oriental rugs because wool, cotton, and other materials used in these artistic pieces tend to decay. However, some pieces from rugs were discovered in East Turkestan, which scientists have dated sometime between third and fifth centuries AD. Oriental rugs were originally used for warmth, but eventually evolved into representations of wealth for kings and noblemen.
In 1949, Russian archaeologists discovered an Oriental rug in the mountains of Siberia preserved in a large sheet of ice. After an extremely careful Oriental rug cleaning to remove the layers of ice and dirt, tests confirmed that this rug actually hailed from fifth century BC. It became known as the Pazyryk Carpet. The condition and masterful weaving of this rug led scientists to believe that rug weaving was an art that had already been in existence for thousands of years by the time this rug was made.
Ancient cultures used plants, roots, and other materials they could easily find to dye wool and create unique rugs. The Persians were known for crafting rugs that were distinct from each other. Archaeologists have found a wide variety of designs, styles, sizes, colors, and weaves that demonstrate a masterful art that they believe has been evolving for the last 3500 years.
Take care of your Oriental rug by bringing it into Hadeed Oriental Rug Cleaning. We offer Oriental rug repair and restoration as well as wall-to-wall cleaning for your everyday carpet. Visit our website for more information about the best Oriental rug cleaners in the Washington, D.C. area or call (703) 241-1111 to set up an appointment.
An area rug adds color and drama to any room and ties the whole space together. This video offers tips and tricks on choosing the perfect area rug for your home.
You can use rugs all over your house. For example, adding a rug to the entryway will create a dramatic entrance into your home and give a great first impression. Make sure to have rugs that work well with the size of the room. An area rug under a dining room table, for instance, should extend two feet past the ends of the table. Either keep all of your furniture on an area rug or off of it, but try not to do a combination.
Keep your home vibrant and your rugs and carpet clean with the help of Hadeed Oriental Rug Cleaning. Our Oriental rug cleaning and repair services are the best in the Washington, D.C. area. For more information call (703) 241-1111.
Oriental rug repair is necessary for structural integrity and safety. Use this guide to help you determine the right time to call a professional for an Oriental rug repair.
- Your rug is fading away: If everyday wear and tear or improper rug cleaning has caused your Oriental rug to fade, then it might seem like the vibrant colors that initially drew you to the rug are gone forever. Constant exposure to the sun or the use of harsh cleaning products strains the dyes and fabrics of your rug, leaving it looking run down. If you notice that the colors are not as bright at they used to be, take it in for repair to restore the richness to the colors in your rug. Hadeed Carpet specialized in color restoration.
Your rug is unraveling: Over time, the wool used in Oriental rugs can fall off if the sides or ends unravel. If you notice that the weaving does not look as tight and concise as it used to, then take it in to a professional Oriental rug repair and cleaning company. Without intact serging on the sides, and fringe on the ends, unraveling will only continue, which means your Oriental rug will lose borders. A professional company can reweave the rug so it retains its original condition.
- The tassels, binding, and fringe are frayed: When the edges of your Oriental rug start to look a little rough take it into an Oriental carpet cleaning and repair company to have them install new fringe, rebuild each tassel individually, or replace serging that is no longer as effective as it should be.
For the best Oriental rug cleaning and restoration in the Washington, D.C. area come to Hadeed Oriental Rug Cleaning. We also offer wall-to-wall carpet cleaning services. Visit our website or call (703) 241-1111 to learn more.
Hadeed Oriental Rug Cleaning‘s Wall-To-Wall Carpet Cleaning Service is out best kept secret. Take advantage of our next day and Monday through Saturday service to get your carpet as fresh as the day you bought it! Whether you need help with odor control, pet stains, or dingy high-traffic areas, Hadeed is here to help you!
Our detailed analysis of the job prior to commencement, use of proper tools and cleaning products, coupled with well trained technicians and the best truck mounted fresh water steam cleaning machinery, Hadeed Oriental Rug Cleaning is ready to serve all your carpet cleaning needs.
Call us today at (703) 241-1111 for more information about our Wall-To-Wall Carpet Cleaning Service!
When it comes to preserving your rugs for generations to come, cleanliness is important. Keeping your rugs and carpet clean will extend the life of the carpet, and contribute to a healthier and cleaner home. When it comes to valuable Oriental rugs, it’s important that you select a cleaning or repair company like Hadeed Carpet with the experience to care for such delicate pieces. To learn more, be sure to check out these helpful resources from around the Web:
- This article from internetrugs.com will tell you more about the way Oriental rugs are made today, including the tools and techniques of the trade.
- If you’ve ever wanted to “read a rug,” or learn the meanings of Persian and Oriental rug patterns, then be sure to check out this article from rugs-oriental.net.
- For more information about how to choose an Oriental rug for your home, check out this article from cnn.com.
- You can learn more about Persian and Oriental rug care by visiting rugs-oriental.net.
- A clothes-moth infestation in your home can wreak havoc on more than your clothes—it can damage your valuable Oriental rug, as well. To learn how to deal with an infestation, check out this article from eHow.com.
- If you will be remodeling your home or installing new carpet, be sure to check out this article from carpet-rug.org for more information about selecting carpet for high-traffic areas.
- House training your puppy from an early age can reduce the number of stains on your rug or carpet that occur from inside accidents. For some great house training tips, head over to humanesociety.org.
- This article from tlc.com discusses proper vacuum and carpet-cleaning tips so you can keep your rugs and carpet looking great between cleaning appointments.
- Have you ever wanted to know how vacuum cleaners work? If so, head over to howstuffworks.com and check out this interesting guide to vacuum cleaners.
To learn more, contact Hadeed Oriental Rug Washing and Wall-To-Wall Steam Cleaning at (703) 241-1111.
A genuine, hand-knotted Oriental rug is one of the best ways to add beauty and glamour to any room in the house. With the right care (and with the occasional call to Hadeed Carpet and Rug Cleaning), your rug will last a very long time.
In order to protect your Oriental rug from premature wear, it’s important that you know how to quickly address some of the common problems that may arise. Here’s how:
- Sun Damage: Most rug dyes are quite resistant to sun fading or bleaching. Still, it’s important that you protect your valuable Oriental rug against harmful ultraviolet rays to prevent fading. Sheer drapes will help block most of the direct sunlight.
- Uneven Wear: In order to prevent uneven wear and color change, you can rotate your Oriental rug end-for-end once every year or two. Also, be sure that the rug is lying flat when you are done rotating to prevent rapid wear in one area.
- Moth Damage: Although moths don’t eat your rug, the females lay hundreds of eggs that hatch into larvae which consume wool and silk fibers. To prevent an infestation in your Oriental rug, be sure to vacuum the entire face of the rug weekly and to keep moths out of your home.
- Regular Cleaning: To flush out embedded dust, dirt and sand which causes undue wear by grinding away at the carpet’s fibers.
- Repair Damage: Act quickly to fix any unraveling, tears, holes, or other damage to prevent further damages.
For more tips on how to care for your Oriental rug, contact the professionals at Hadeed Oriental Rug Cleaning. We are a Washington, DC-based Oriental rug cleaning company with over 50 years in the rug cleaning industry. To learn more about our Oriental rug repair services, or to schedule a rug cleaning appointment, call (703) 241-1111.
The best way to keep your rugs and carpet clean for generations to come is by having them professionally cleaned at least once per year. But in order to keep your rugs and carpet clean between professional cleaning appointments, it’s important that you know how to treat most of the common stains and spots yourself—and even a few of the least common stains, as well. But how can you remember all the different ways to clean so many different stains? The answer is Stain 101. Some stains are permanent, and cannot be removed as they have dyed the fabric; this is when you need Hadeed Carpet’s color restoration/stain removal team to rescue your rug.
Get The iPhone App: Stain 101
Stain removal is something everyone needs to know about, and the Stain 101 app can help. It is important to act quickly when a spill or staining event occurs, blotting up wet substances, removing as much as possible. This comprehensive stain removal guide has information about how to treat almost any kind of stain you can imagine, from ballpoint ink to candle wax, so that you can keep your carpet looking its best between professional cleaning appointments.
When it comes to professional carpet cleaning, be sure to contact Hadeed Oriental Rug Cleaning at (703) 241-1111. We have proudly served the Washington, DC area for over 50 years, and we’d love to show you why. Our services include wall-to-wall steam carpet cleaning and Oriental rug hand washing and repair. We also recommend a scotchguard for wool application to provide a level of protection against accidents.
Proper vacuuming is the easiest and most effective way to keep your carpet looking great between professional carpet cleanings. But did you know that regular vacuuming can also help keep your carpet feel great under your feet? Here’s why:
- Regular vacuuming is recommended during the periods between wall-to-wall carpet cleaning by a professional company, but is insufficient to extract deeply embedded dirt that Hadeed Carpet & Rug accomplishes though superior equipment and technicians.
- Vacuums help to pick up dirt and debris that may be sitting on the top of the carpet, preventing the particles from becoming embedded between the small carpet fibers (which grinds away at the carpet like tiny razors). Vacuuming more frequently also means that it will take less time to pick up any dirt or debris that may have gotten into your carpet after the last time you vacuumed. Believe it or not, the more you vacuum, the easier it gets!
- Dirt can actually break down your carpet’s fibers, minimizing how long the carpet will last. Removing dirt with regular vacuuming not only helps to maintain the quality of your carpet, but keeps it feeling soft and fluffy. Eliminating dirt can also rid the carpeting of some of the allergens that fibers are prone to holding on to.
In addition to vacuuming, the best thing you can do for your rugs and carpet is to call Hadeed Oriental Rug Cleaning at (703) 241-1111. We specialize in traditional hand washing of Oriental rugs where we flush out all imbedded dirt at our plant, and offer high quality wall to wall carpet cleaning with the strongest of vacuums on our Hadeed Steam trucks. Check Out Our Website For More Information!
You may want to host a fun, festive and colorful party, but chances are you aren’t looking for a colorful carpet as well. Even day to day life can present hazards for your rugs and carpets, especially if you have children, animals, or if your rug is located in a high-traffic area.
Professional carpet cleaning is the best way to keep your home healthy, looking and smelling great, and to remove any of these common stains: candle wax, beverage stains, pet urine, cosmetics, or mud.
Some stain prevention tips include:
- Keep a foot mat or small rug near the exterior doors of your home so that your family and guests can wipe off their feet (and any mud) before walking on the carpet.
- Dupont Teflon, a scotchgard-like product for wool, by Hadeed Carpet.
- If you have pets inside of your home, be sure to house train them as soon as possible to avoid unsightly urine stains.
- Insist that food and drinks are kept in the kitchen, or other restricted areas.
- Spills and stains are inevitable in daily life, so if a hard-to-remove beverage like red wine is spilled on your carpet or rug, make sure to clean it up by blotting with a clean white towel as quickly as possible to avoid deep-set stains. Then clean with a solution of warm water and mild detergent. Also, be sure to completely dry the area to protect your carpet against mold and mildew.
For more helpful tips, contact Hadeed Oriental Rug Cleaning at (703) 241-1111. With over 55 years of experience in the Washington, DC area, we know a thing or two about cleaning carpets and rugs. Hadeed Carpet has a color restoration department which can eliminate any permanent stain. We also specialize in Oriental rug repair! If you live in the DC area, let Hadeed Carpet help you with all of your rug and carpet cleaning needs.
The phrase “Oriental rug” has become a generic label for nearly any variety of patterned carpeting. This has provided the opportunity for professional rug cleaning companies to advertise “Oriental rug cleaning” when they themselves know nothing about the proper way to clean and repair Oriental rugs. But as a generic label, “Oriental rug” ignores the craftsmanship and skill that goes into making an authentic Oriental rug.
So, what exactly is an Oriental rug? We’re glad you asked.
Generally, an Oriental rug is handmade (either hand-knotted or woven) out of traditional materials such as wool and silk on a foundation of cotton, wool or silk, with indigenous design patterns that have been around the Middle and Far East for centuries. And for added textural and color variation, a fiber called “Allo” is sometimes used in the construction of Oriental rugs.
The knot count, or “knots per square inch,” of a high-quality Oriental rug typically range between 100 to 400 knots per inch—each of which are completely hand-knotted. And because of the complex weaving patterns, it is extremely important that the utmost care is taken when cleaning your Oriental rug. And that’s where Hadeed Oriental Rug Cleaning comes in. Variables such as the color fastness of dyes, the fabric used on both the pile and foundation, pre-existing damages, and other factors must be considered in hand washing a particular rug.
Hadeed Carpet has been family owned and operated for more than 55 years, which means we have the experience that other Oriental rug cleaning companies in the Washington, DC area may not. We understand how valuable your Oriental rug is, and we promise to clean it like it was our own, using our time tested hand washing methods. To learn more, contact us online or call (703) 241-1111.